Ph.D., Plant pathology, June 1997, Collage of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210-1087, USA.
Dissertation Title: Detection, Identification and Characterization of Strains of Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria by Traditional and Molecular Methods, and Resistance in Capsicum Species to Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria Pepper Race 6.
Advisor: Dr. Sally A. Miller
M.S., Plant pathology, December 1994, Collage of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210-1087, USA.
Thesis Title: Isolation, Identification and Characterization of Ohio strains of Xanthomonas campestris pv. vesicatoria, Causal Agent of Bactarial Spot of Pepper.
Advisor: Dr. Sally A. Miller
B.S., Plant Protection, July 1989, Ataturk University, Faculty of Agriculture, Erzurum 25240 TURKEY.
Yeditepe University, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
Department of Genetics and Bioengineering, 34755 Kayışdağı
Department of Plant Pathology, Ataturk University, Faculty of Agriculture,
Erzurum 25240 TURKEY.
Department of Plant Pathology, Ataturk University, Faculty of Agriculture, Erzurum 25240 TURKEY.
(date of hire: September 16, 1998).
1997-1998 Post-Doctoral Researcher
June 1997 to December 1997, Collage of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Plant Pathologist, The Ohio State University,
OARDC, Department of Plant Pathology. Wooster, OH 44691, USA.
January 1998-August 1998, Biologist, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Pest Management Research Centre,
1391 Sandford Street, London, ON, N5V 4T3 CANADA
1996-1997 Graduate Research Associate
The Ohio State University, OARDC, Collage of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Department of Plant Pathology.
Dr. Khalid Javed is a Professor (TTS) of Animal Breeding and Genetics in the Department of Livestock Production at the University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore. He graduated in Animal Husbandry from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad in 1982. He earned his Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Animal Breeding & Genetics from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad. He joined Government of Punjab, Livestock and Dairy Development as Veterinary Officer in 1983 and remained engaged in research in different capacities (Assistant Research Officer, Research Officer and Deputy Director at different livestock research stations) in Punjab. Dr. Khalid conducted research, trainings and teaching in the fields of Animal Breeding, Population/Quantitative Genetics, and Statistical Genetics. He analyzed the production data of various livestock species (e.g., cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, chicken) to characterize the phenotypic and genetic structure related to different traits of economic importance and subsequent selection. Moreover, he is engaged in inter-disciplinary collaborative research with colleagues from various academic and research institutes to study the genetic, breeding, management and environmental factors affecting productivity of livestock species. He joined University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences during 2003 as Assistant Professor. He was selected and appointed as Associate Professor and Professor in 2006 and 2011, respectively. His research focus is on selection and breeding of large and small ruminants. He has a vast experience in teaching, training, advising and examination of the undergraduates and postgraduates in the disciplines of animal sciences and livestock production. He also supervises and evaluates postgraduate research to ensure successful and timely completion of the projects focusing on genetic improvement, enhancing breeding efficiency and production enhancement of farm animals. He also participates and conducts trainings, workshops, conferences and seminars, and writes scientific publications to disseminate knowledge and techniques to the researchers and livestock producers about various areas of animal husbandry for improving behaviour, health, growth, fertility and production of livestock. He is an HEC approved supervisor for PhD scholars. He is also working as Senior Editor of an internationally recognized (ISI Thomson Impact Factor 0.448; JCR 2014) Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences (The JAPS)
1. Population genetics
2. Quantitative genetics
3. Animal breeding
4. Statistical genetics
1. Introduction to Animal Breeding & Genetics
2. Animal Breeding Plans & Policies
3. Introduction to Poultry Genetics
4. Fundamentals of Population Genetics
5. Applied Poultry Genetics
6. Population Genetics
7. Advances in Population Genetics
8. Statistical Methods in Animal Production Research
9. Efficiency of Reproduction in Farm Animals
10. Principles of Quantitative Genetics
11. Breeding of Farm Animals
12. Inbreeding in Farm animals
Editor Research Journals
Senior Editor: Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences (Impact Factor Journal) published jointly by Pakistan Agricultural Scientists Forum (PAS Forum) and University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore.
Member Editorial Board:
13. Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, published by University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore
14. Yuzuncu Yil University Journal of Agricultural Sciences (Turkey)
LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION | INTECHOPEN
ISBN 978-953-51-0814-6, 158 pages.
Animal Breeding and Genetics (in Urdu) for Livestock Assistant Diploma course.
Research Projects Completed
15. Establishment of small ruminants research and training centre at Ravi campus Pattoki UVAS Lahore (3 years HEC) Funded Rs 38.06 Millions (Completed)
16. Phenotypic and genetic characterization of caprine and ovine species of the Punjab. (3 years, PARC (ALP) Rs. 5.061 millions (Completed)
1. Enhancement Of Cost Effective Mutton Production Through Genetically Enhanced Prolificacy Management (4 Years) PARB Rs. 12.988 million (Completed)
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES/ASSOCIATIONS
2. Director, Agricultural Policy Studies Institute, Pakistan (APSI)
3. Senior Editor, The Journal of Animal and Plant sciences, (JAPS)
4. Editor, Pakistan Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, (PJVAS)
5. Registered Life Member, Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC)
6. Member, Pakistan Agricultural Scientists Forum (PAS FORUM)
7. Member, Pakistan Veterinary Medical Association (PVMA)
8. Member, Pakistan Genetical Society (PGS)
9. Member, Pakistan Association for the Advancement of Science (PAAS)
10. Life Member, Nutritionists Association of Pakistan
11. Member, Pakistan Animal Husbandry Association (Regd). PAHA.